BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Realizing Our Place in the Big Picture

As I read today's daily reading on the new http://www.youversion.com/1yearbible site, a few things came to mind and really stood out to me: All too often, we are guilty of questioning God in what He is doing or isn't doing as we perceive it to be. I tend to feel that in so doing, we are doubting that God IS WHO HE says HE IS; hence, bringing HIM down to our level mentally. Which is quite dangerous...in that HE decides if we will see another day of life, and knows the story of our lives from beginning to end, so who are WE to question HIM? Some of life's greatest blessings stem from those prayers we throw out to God, and in return, hear no answer or hear the answer NO. For all those things I used to think were of importance, I say today, "Thank you Lord for NOT giving me my way, but instead, for protecting me and keeping YOUR WILL intact." The idea of the proud being made lowly, should be an eye opener for all of us in our daily walk with Christ. He is faithful with little, will be entrusted with MUCH. Now THAT'S what I call a promise from God that you can take to heart. Not where you want to be today? Life not treating you as you think it should be? Be faithful in those little things you do day in and day out that you don't think get noticed! Someone IS watching and DOES notice; and that someone is God HIMSELF, and HIS promotions in life are far greater than any your boss/employer could ever grant to you. I also am aware that we as Christ Followers, have to be even more aware of our speech, behavior, attitude and speech; more so than non-believers, because Christ lives in us and if we are out there acting and talking like everyone else in the world and causing others to stumble...we WILL answer to God for that. Is that a chat you really want to have with the Lord of Lords and King of Kings? I know I don't...so today I pray to God and beg of HIM, "Lord keep me humble, fill me with a servant's heart and mindset, empty me of myself more each day and fill me completely with you! Let YOUR love pour out of me into the hearts and lives of others, that your name would be Glorified, and praises would be sung unto you alone God. Keep me in check and guide me in your wisdom to truly be the example of Christ's Love, Mercy, Compassion, Patience, Peace, Joy and sound mind. In Christ Jesus' Mighty and Holy Name I pray.AMEN Today's Readings were Job 40, Malachi 2 and Revelation 19 and 20.

Job 40:2 Malachi 2:7-10 Malachi 2:14-16 Revelation 19:15-16 Revelation 20:4 Revelation 20:5 Revelation 20:6 Revelation 20:11-15

0 comments: