BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 1 in the Study of Proverbs - Chapter 1

Proverbs 1:22 - 32

How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will
scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge?

If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I
will make my words known to you.


** While I did not include all the writings of these scriptures listed
above; this message really drove home to me how our laid back approach
to following Christ, will indeed lead to Him turning away from us
because of our foolish and constant resistance to truly turn from our
wicked or lackadaisical ways.
God wants so much more for us than we allow Him to pour out into our
lives. Yet, WE are the ones that complicate the walk of Christianity
almost daily. God simply says, do this, see that. Walk this way, watch
the harvest of what you sow grow. Ignore my ways and surely there is a
price to pay.

I pray that I would fall down on my face more often and sincerely cry
out to the Lord, begging Him to break me and truly let every area of
my life that brings displeasure to HIM, to be washed out of me like a
flood against the high towers. Crush my foolishness Lord, rid me of
accepting life on auto pilot at times. Take control of the reigns and
rule over me completely, all the days of my life.

Vs 32 : For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the
complacency of fools destroys them;
vs 33: BUT WHOEVER listens to me will dwell secure and will be at
EASE,WITHOUT dread of disaster.

That's the simplest formula I have ever heard of to have REAL peace,
joy and Wisdom. Listen to GOD and dwell SECURE (no fears no
worries)...turn away from God and surely your life will be filled with
the result of our choices. Think about it...it's truly a no brainer we
consistently miss.

Love in Him,

Danny

0 comments: