BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 4 in Proverbs - Proverbs 4

I chose to read this particular Proverb from The Message Bible translation and for many reasons, I'm glad that I did because it helped me to get a better grasp on what is truly being shared with us.

In speaking on the importance of Seeking Wisdom; we are reminded to seek it with a relentless passion, to really let the message sink in and resonate in each of us.

As children, how many words of wisdom did our parents or an adult that we held in esteem, try to share with us? And what was the tag line they almost always used? "Don't let this fall on deaf ears" or "If you get nothing else out of what I've shared with you, remember this...." Right?

Well, I have to be brutally honest in saying that many of the lessons I've learned in my lifetime, have come the hard way. I can recall many times growing up, where my dad would say something to me and I'd respond with "yes dad, I know." Only for him to rebuttal back with "Yes Danny, I know you KNOW, BUT you are not doing what you know." It hurts the pride to hear that doesn't it? But in all honesty; I think it is our very pride that sometimes holds us back from tender discipline that is trying to prepare us for when storms of life will come; and we all know when they come they hit like a tsunami against a house made of cards.

So, we are told to not just listen to the wisdom and truth of the Lord; but to really let it grow deeply rooted in us, and to keep our eyes always straight ahead. Else we look to the right or left and get sidetracked by the flashy distractions put in place by our adversary the devil and end up way off course, unable to be much good to anyone, let alone ourselves.

In Verse 6 we are reminded to never walk away from Wisdom; that Wisdom keeps it's eye on us and guards us. What an incredible concept! Wisdom (to me this means the Lord) keeps it's eye on us and guards us as we continue to WALK IN IT!

Friends, God doesn't want to see us get lost on Look Over Here Lane...He wants us to walk right into Heaven with Him, following the straight yet narrow pathway of Righteousness Road. If we turn off our navigational systems, we cannot blame HIM for ending up where we dead end in our lives.

Make pursuing Wisdom and Understanding among the top things to strive for on your daily to do lists and it will Cling to you and give you added years of REAL LIVING in the peace, comfort and assurance found only in Christ Jesus.

0 comments: