BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 3 in the Study of Proverbs: Proverbs 3

Did you see it? How beautiful a though it is: "let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and PEACE they will add to you (Proverbs 3: 1 and 2). It almost seems unfathomable, to imagine our lives truly ever feeling completely at peace with the world we live in; yet that's what God's Word promises to us IF we will not forget the Lord's teachings and make them cling to our hearts.

I think of all the years of trying to do things my way in this lifetime; and how miserable I was in my so called "freedom to choose" decisions I made along the way. After thirty plus years of living the "Sinatra" lifestyle of doing it my way; my heart grew weary and I felt as if I couldn't possibly go on another day this way. So, thankfully at the prompting of the Holy Spirit, I surrendered my life and my ways back to the Lord via re-dedication. I can honestly say, that as I've let His Word guide my thoughts, my actions and my deeds...life is good and full of peace.

It is only when I let my eyes drift to far to the right or left; or try to SEE too far into my future, that life seems like a never ending roller coaster of disappointments. Yet,the solution to having true peace in our lives is so simple to attain: vs. 5 - Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart,and do not lean on your OWN understanding. vs. 6 - In ALL your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM and He will make straight your paths.

I see a lot of obedience issues being presented in Proverbs 3 and at the root of most of our day to day struggles, it usually boils down to an area in our lives where we are not fully obedient to God's Will. Again, we are reminded of the value of tithing in Verses 9 and 10: "Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; THEN the barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be busting with whine."

Want to experience overflow like you've never encountered before? Give the Lord HONOR by giving Him the FIRSTfruits (the 10th BEFORE the taxes and deductions come out of your wealth) and He will ensure your every need is covered and more actually. This is actually the only area that God says to test Him in and He would prove to us the Promise is REAL.

We serve an amazing God. I mean, even when we can't wrap our puny little minds around what's best for us; HE ALWAYS grabs hold of the rutter and re-positions us toward victorious living. All we have to do is be a yielded vessel to HIS guidance and the end result is sure Victory in all our struggles of this life.

0 comments: